Brief History and Legal Status of the Organization:
Sustainability, social equality and the environment are now business problems. And corporate leaders can’t depend on governments to solve them..
– Peter Senge, Founder, Society for Organisational Learning
Inspired by Senge’s philosophy, a group of young poor Dalit (Untouchable) Community people came together in 2005 to set up Restoration Ministries to work with grassroots initiatives for effecting positive changes in the lives of underprivileged children, their families and communities.
The Restoration Ministries is Social Service & Welfare Society Organisation. The Restoration Ministries was registered under the Society’s Registration Act 35 of 2001 with the registration number 243 on 13th April, 2005, Registered under Section 12A & 80G of the Income Tax Exemptions Act 1961 and Registered under the FCRA Act 2010 to Receive Foreign Contributions. Our Restoration Ministries have committed for the development of the socially marginalized communities and Backward Class communities without any discrimination of caste, creed, or religion. To be more relevant in the approach we divided our projects into 8 sectors according to its characteristic nature of addressing the concerns of the poor. They are categorised as follows:
1) Educational support for poor children to access quality education.
2) Livelihood skills/Non-Formal Education for youth for employability.
3) Vocational training and Income Generation activities for the disabled for self-support.
4) Health and allied projects for healthy and happy living.
5) Promotion of health, hygiene and sanitation.
6) To cater to the primary need of shelter, food, clothing, medical treatment and care of the Street Children, domestic children, bonded labour Children, Women in distress, and the victims of Juvenile Delinquents, trafficking victims and who are without any social and economic support.
7) Safe protected drinking water to safeguard from water WASH diseases.
8) Emergency assistance in the face of calamities.
OUR VISION :
- Work as a catalyst in bringing sustainable change in the lives of underprivileged children, youth and women, with a life-cycle approach of development.
- Enable the civil society across the world to engage proactively in the change process through the philosophy of civic driven change.
- Adopt highest standards of governance to emerge as a leading knowledge and technology driven, innovative and scalable international development organization.
OUR MISSION :
Restoration Ministries is to empower underprivileged children, youth and women through relevant education, innovative healthcare and market-focused livelihood programmes.
Restoration Ministries is to deploy best possible methodology and technology for achieving ideal SROI (social return on investment), to practice and promote good governance. To link business competitiveness of the corporate with social development initiatives; also to sensitize privileged children, youth and citizens in general to promote Civic Driven Change.